The Red Cliff Property, a Gold/Copper property in the “Golden Triangle” area of northwestern British Columbia, is owned 35 % by Mountain Boy Minerals Ltd. On November 19, 2008, the Company entered into an option agreement with Decade Resources Ltd. (Decade), a company with shared Directors, to allow Decade to acquire a 60% interest in the property. Decade Resources Ltd. then fulfilled all requirements to earn its 60% interest in the property. Subsequent to this initial interest, Decade acquired a further 5 % and now owns a 65 % interest, with Mountain Boy Minerals owning the other 35 %. The property consists of 8 Crown Granted claims along Lydden Creek, just north of the town of Stewart, B.C. It is accessible by road approximately 1.5 kilometers from paved highway 37A and is underlain by lithologies of the middle Jurassic Hazelton Group. These rocks host significant precious and base metal deposits in the Stewart Camp including the Silbak Premier, Silver Coin, Sulphurets, Red Mountain, Scottie Gold and Eskay Creek deposits.
To date, 2 main mineralized zones; the Redcliff copper-gold and copper zones as well as the Montrose gold zone have been outlined.
The Redcliff Zone contains 2,300 m of underground development on 5 levels from 4 portals over a height of several hundred meters with limited Cu-Au production reported in 1910-12 and in 1973. From 1910-12 production from the Redcliff zone amounted to approximately 1,136 tonnes estimated to average 5% Cu. In 1972 some 3,776 tonnes of ore was sent to a local mill. The only reserve estimate reported for the Redcliff Zone was in 1912 showing a total of 18,900 tonnes averaging 3.19% Cu and 2.86 grams per tonne gold. This estimate was only for broken mineralized material within a stope on one of the levels in the mine. This estimate is historical and is not 43-101 compliant and is used for reference purposes only.
On the Montrose zone during 1939-41, there was 65 tons mined averaging 2.45 opt Au, 2.95 opt Ag, .91% Cu, 3.5% Pb and 4.41 % Zn.
Work in the area of high grading during a previous operator’s sampling program in 1979 yielded 19.31 g/t over 2.43 m and 1987 surface sampling gave 7.93g/t over 3.81 m. Several holes drilled in 1988 to 1990 gave intercepts of 1.72 g/t over 14.48 m including 9.31 g/t over 1.70 m and 1.17 g/t over 16.89 m including 4.82 g/t over 2.29 m.
In 1988 the Waterpump Zone which represents the south fault extension of the Montrose Zone was discovered. It is located approximately 50 meters south of the 1939-1941 mining. A trench over the zone gave values consisting of 21.37 g/t over 4.2 m and 6.89 g/t Au over 3.3 m with 2.0 m of dyke between the values. Across the entire zone including the dyke, the sampling yielded an average of 12.07 g/t Au over 8.5 m.
Joint Venture Exploration
A total of 45,705.84 meters of BTW and NQ size drilling comprising 275 holes was completed during the period 2007 to 2012. Drilling is restricted by the availability of suitable drill pad locations due to the steep topography on the property. The 2007 to 2012 drilling was conducted from 33 different drill pads with two of those being wooden platforms in Lydden Creek canyon and the rest being created with an excavator along drill access roads. Zones tested by drilling are as follows:
|Zone Tested||Drill Holes Testing Zone|
|DDH-2007-RC-7 to 26 inclusive|
|DDH-2007-RC-30 to 32 inclusive|
|DDH-2007-RC-50 to 57 inclusive|
|DDH-2010-RC-1 to 27 inclusive|
|Montrose||DDH-2007-CT-1 to 3 inclusive|
|DDH-2009-MON-1 to 11 inclusive|
|DDH-2009-LC-1 to 19 inclusive|
|DDH-2009-LP-1 to 6 inclusive|
|DDH-2010-MON-1 to 52 inclusive|
|DDH-2011-MON-1 to 44 inclusive|
|Lower Montrose||DDH-2010-RC-28 and 29|
|Sericite Alteration zones||DDH-2007-RC-2 to 6 inclusive|
The drilling to date on the Montrose Zone at the Red Cliff property has allowed for a preliminary characterization of the mineralized system hosting the gold as follows:
- Mineralization consists of gold-bearing zones which are hosted by a 30 to 40 meter wide, near vertically-dipping shear zone which can be traced for over 2 kilometers, trending north-south, within the property;
- Gold-bearing mineralized zones, within the shear zone, have been intersected over a vertical distance of approximately 700 meters;
- Multiple gold-bearing mineralized zones have been identified within the wide shear zone;
- Gold is associated with abundant chalcopyrite and pyrite, most commonly in sulphide-bearing veins within the shear as well as gold-bearing stockwork zones outside of the vein systems;
- Gold is associated with fine galena-sphalerite veinlets along fracture zones peripheral to the chalcopyrite-pyrite stockworks;
- Gold is associated with sparse chalcopyrite, pyrite, hematite and epidote in quartz veins.
Some of the more significant assays from various years of the drilling are shown below:
|Drill Hole No.||From (m)||To (m)||Core Interval (m)||Au g/t||Ag g/t||Cu %|